What has become of P. Joseph Potocki, I wonder. He produced a most peculiar Frisco (Phrisco?) blog called San Francisco Phax & Phikshun. The last post on the blog is dated October 2, 2006. I doubt that he is Joseph P. Potocki. Where has the fellow gone?
Here’s is his summary of the sixteenth century in the San Francisco Bay Area:
- 1500’s: Nudist Natives live la-la-la-like in Bay Area Nirvana
- 1542: Aspiring Conquistador Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo blows by Bay
- 1579: Pirate (not yet Sir) Francis Drake plugs holes in his Hind at Point Reyes
- 1595: His ship sinks, spices up Drake’s Bay, then Sebastian Cermeno paddles back to Acapulco
- 1597: Nonplussed Natives yawn, resume civilized customs, until return of stinky death-cult barbarians–two centuries later